Capital High School
- Junior parent night focused on dual enrollment for college credit, summer jobs, scholarships and financial aid, Feb. 9., CHS Library, 5:30-7 p.m.
- Every Thursday through May 5, all CHS students are invited to a lunchtime “Meet and Eat” session featuring guest presenters from our community and the surrounding area who will discuss their careers.
Helena High School
- College scholarship workshop for students in all grades, Helena High School, Wednesday, Feb. 1, lunchtime and 6th period through afterschool.
- College planning night for parents of sophomores, Monday, Feb. 6, Helena High Theater, 5:30 p.m.
If your student is a freshman, please encourage them to connect with a school counselor to find out how to start planning for their education after high school. You’ll also find great planning resources for Montana students at reachhighermontana.org.
Events are also coming up for students and families making the transition into high school:
CR Anderson Middle School
- Capital High counselors visit CR Anderson Middle School to meet with 8th graders, March 13 (during the school day).
- 8th grade tour and student club fair at Capital High School, March 15 (during the school day).
- 8th grade parent night at Capital High School, March 15, CHS Auditorium, 6:30 p.m.
Helena Middle School
- 8th grade student tour and activity fair at Helena High School, Feb. 15, (during the school day).
- Helena High staff visit Helena Middle School to meet with 8th graders (during the school day).
- Parent night for incoming Helena High School freshmen, Feb. 27, Helena Middle School Auditorium, 6 p.m.
Orientations are right around the corner for incoming middle-schoolers as well. Fifth-graders will tour their middle schools in April, when parent orientations are also planned. Middle school staff, meanwhile, will visit each elementary school this spring to meet incoming students. Watch for details to come.
For kindergartners joining us this fall, orientation events will be held in May. If you or someone you know needs to register a child to start kindergarten in fall 2023, please visit our registration page.