Bus 23 has time changes in the am beginning Tuesday, 11/21/17. Please check your email or contact Transportation for more information.
Your child’s safety is a priority with the Helena Public Schools.
- Fall Newsletter is available:Transportation Department Fall 2017 Newsletter
- Dear Parents,With winter arriving, buses may be running late. If we have a winter weather advisory or extreme weather, please do not leave your child unattended at their bus stop.If buses are running more than 15 minutes late, please check the website or Facebook page first or call First Student at 406-227-7400. Be aware that both the Helena School’s Transportation office and First Student will be experiencing a high volume of calls and will be unable to return voice mails in a timely fashion.Please watch the Transportation page on the school district website (http://helenaschools.org/departments/transportation/) and the Transportation department’s Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/HSD1Transportation/), as we will keep those as up to date as we can.We will also be utilizing School Messenger, so watch for emails/SMS messages to come through. Please monitor your phone for updated information. If you are not set up to receive text messages, please contact your child’s school for more information.As always, your child’s safety is a priority with the Helena Public Schools.
- During the next few weeks all of the schools will be participating in the first of two state mandatory bus evacuation practice drills. Almost every student will ride a bus at some point this year, either to and from school or for a field trip or other activity. Because of these reasons, First Student is conducting practice drills at all of the schools during school hours to allow every student the opportunity to participate. These drills will cover the basics of bus safety, along with how to use the emergency equipment and how to evacuate safely if the need arises.
Who to call:
First Student (227-7400)
- If you are wondering when your child’s bus will arrive (please allow 10 minutes past drop off time before calling).
- If your child left something on the bus.
- Register for transportation
- Find out your child’s transportation assignment
- Safety or discipline concerns
- Questions about courtesy rides or split household transportation
HSD Facilities - Transportation Bus Barn Solicitation