The Winter Transportation Newsletter is available:
Helena Public Schools Transportation Department Newsletters
Please remember to stop if you come up to a bus that has their red lights flashing. With it staying darker later in the mornings, please be aware of children walking to bus stops or waiting for their buses.
The emergency snow route map for the city of Helena is located on the Inclement weather page.
Your child’s safety is a priority for the Helena Public Schools.
All bus notifications are sent to the email address you have on file with your child’s school. If you are signed up for SMS notifications, those are sent as well.
If you are not receiving notifications from the HSD Transportation Department, please contact your child’s school to make sure your information is up to date and that you are signed up to receive these notifications.
All notifications are also updated on the HSD Transportation Department Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/HSD1Transportation/).
Who to call:
First Student (227-7400)
- If you are wondering when your child’s bus will arrive (please allow 10 minutes past drop off time before calling).
- If your child left something on the bus.
- Register for transportation
- Find out your child’s transportation assignment
- Safety or discipline concerns
- Questions about courtesy rides or split household transportation